Boyz 5's Note:
This is a decadent dessert. Found it in KRAFT's "What's Cooking" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (398 ml) can pumpkin puree, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 (1 liter) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- 3Beat cake mix, 1 cup of the pumpkin puree, milk, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoons of the pumpkin-pie spice in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- 4Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- 5Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean.
- 6Cool completely on wire racks.
- 7Meanwhile beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- 8Add icing sugar,remaining pumpkin and remaining 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice; mix well.
- 9Stir in whipped topping.
- 10Remove cake layers from pans; cut each layer horizontally in half with a serrated knife.
- 11Stack the layers on a serving plate, spreading the cream cheese mixture between the layers.
- 12Do not frost the top layer.
- 13Drizzle with caramel topping and toasted pecans.
- 14Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.7
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.6 mg
- Sodium 307.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g