Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a decadent dessert. Found it in KRAFT's "What's Cooking" magazine.
Make and share this Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (398 ml) can pumpkin puree, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 (1 liter) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup caramel topping
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup of the pumpkin puree, milk, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoons of the pumpkin-pie spice in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add icing sugar,remaining pumpkin and remaining 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice; mix well.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Remove cake layers from pans; cut each layer horizontally in half with a serrated knife.
- Stack the layers on a serving plate, spreading the cream cheese mixture between the layers.
- Do not frost the top layer.
- Drizzle with caramel topping and toasted pecans.
- Store in refrigerator.
So good! everyone loved it. I used light cream cheese and whipped topping and worked great. Don't add the topping until ready to serve.
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner last night. Very easy to make, impressive looking and delicious. I was actually coming to post it myself! My family all agreed the was a $7 per slice restaurant quality dessert. I made it exactly as directed except I didn't have Pumpkin Pie Spice, so I used 1 tsp fresh ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp each of allspice and cloves and 3/4 tsp of cinnamon. For the caramel topping, I squirted a bunch in the middle, then went over it in a sun ray design which created a great drizzle effect over the sides and topped with pecan pieces.