Recipe by CASunshine
A delicious cranberry relish that must be started a day in advance, but is quick and easy to assemble. This is a wonderful combination of textures and flavors sure to compliment roast turkey and a variety of other meats. If you like cranberries, you will love this. If you dislike cranberries, this may just win you over! Cook time includes sitting overnight.
- 3 cups ground cranberries (about 2 bags fresh, ground in processor or grinder)
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 (3 ounce) boxes raspberry gelatin powder
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped apples, no need to peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, no need to drain
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground cranberries and sugar. Let sit in refrigerator overnight.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water. Let cool.
- Stir in the celery, apple, walnuts or pecans and pineapple.
- Add the cranberry/sugar mixture and stir well. Refrigerate until thickened, stirring occasionally to keep combined.
- You can use any red flavored gelatin successfully. I've used cranberry and raspberry and find the raspberry adds a nice flavor dimension.
- This freezes well.