24 hrs 30 mins
A delicious cranberry relish that must be started a day in advance, but is quick and easy to assemble. This is a wonderful combination of textures and flavors sure to compliment roast turkey and a variety of other meats. If you like cranberries, you will love this. If you dislike cranberries, this may just win you over! Cook time includes sitting overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups ground cranberries (about 2 bags fresh, ground in processor or grinder)
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 (3 ounce) boxes raspberry gelatin powder
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped apples, no need to peel
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts or 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, no need to drain
- 1Mix the ground cranberries and sugar. Let sit in refrigerator overnight.
- 2Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water. Let cool.
- 3Stir in the celery, apple, walnuts or pecans and pineapple.
- 4Add the cranberry/sugar mixture and stir well. Refrigerate until thickened, stirring occasionally to keep combined.
- 5You can use any red flavored gelatin successfully. I've used cranberry and raspberry and find the raspberry adds a nice flavor dimension.
- 6This freezes well.
Browse Our Top Berries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Cranberry Relish
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 111.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 74.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g