Recipe by CulinaryQueen
From a clipping of a the magazine section of The Philadelphia Inquirer. These burgers come out really moist but I've tweaked the recipe ever so slightly to make them even more moist.
- 1 lb beef mince
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced (aka scallions)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, plus extra
- soy sauce, for basting
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon milk or 1 teaspoon cream
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, spring onions, parsley, lemon juice, soy sauce, 1 teaspoons olive oil and milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4 equal patties. (These may be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated until needed. Remove from fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.).
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan over medium heat.
- Cook the patties for 5 minutes on one side.
- Flip patties over, baste with a little soy sauce and cook an additional 3 minutes for medium-rare or longer for well-done.
- Serve immediately with your favorite side dishes.