1/2 Photos of Luscious Chocolate Truffles
1 hr 15 mins
Crocheting Mama's Note:
These were originally from a Betty Crocker cookbook. I usually make them with milk chocolate chips for the 1st cup and semi-sweet for the 2nd cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line cookie sheet with foil.
- 2Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in a heavy 2-qt saucepan over low heat stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in margarine. Stir in whipping cream and liqueur. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, just until thick enough to hold shape.
- 3Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Shape into balls. (If mixture is too sticky, refrigerate until firm enough to shape.
- 4Freeze 30 minutes.
- 5Heat shortening and remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; remove from heat.
- 6Dip truffles, one at a time, into chocolate. Return to foil-lined cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle some or all of the truffles with your desired toppings (nuts, cocoa, coconut).
- 7Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until coating is set. Drizzle some of them with a glaze of the powdered sugar and milk if desired.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Chocolate Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 12.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: