Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
These were originally from a Betty Crocker cookbook. I usually make them with milk chocolate chips for the 1st cup and semi-sweet for the 2nd cup.
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in a heavy 2-qt saucepan over low heat stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in margarine. Stir in whipping cream and liqueur. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, just until thick enough to hold shape.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Shape into balls. (If mixture is too sticky, refrigerate until firm enough to shape.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- Heat shortening and remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; remove from heat.
- Dip truffles, one at a time, into chocolate. Return to foil-lined cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle some or all of the truffles with your desired toppings (nuts, cocoa, coconut).
- Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until coating is set. Drizzle some of them with a glaze of the powdered sugar and milk if desired.
Fabulous!!!!!!! It even gave me the opportunity to use up the Grand Marnier I had on hand for the Zaar souffle challenge! It did't turn me into a chocolatier but, I'm not so nervous about chocolate anymore!! Thank you my captain!! Zaar III - We are ZBest Chefs!!