Recipe by roxy_froggy25
Three words; chocolate, raspberry, and cake! That's all you need to know! This cake recipe came to my mind because my makes homemade jam every fall, and we always have a ton. I thought it could be incorporated into a cake and I was right! If you are not a fan of raspberry than strawberry jam may be used instead! I use diet soda to cut the fat, I have not tried this recipe with yogurt, but I pretty sure it will work.
- 1 (18 ounce) chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups raspberry jam
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 2 8 inch or 2 9 inch cake pans.
- Prepare cake by combining cake mix, soda, and eggs. Beat 2 minutes. Add 2/3 cup of raspberry jam and white chocolate chips and stir til incorporated. Pour dough equally into 2 pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place one cake on serving plate, smooth edge on top. Spread 2/3 cup of raspberry jam on top of cake, leaving 1/2 inch around the cake with no jam. Place the other smooth side of the cake on top raspberry jam. If top of the cake is rounded, use a knife, such as a bread knife, to cut of top. Spread chocolate frosting evenly over the entire cake. Decorate cake with additional jam and white chocolate chips if desired.