Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This pie is delicious!
- 25 chocolate chip cookies, divided (such as Chips Ahoy)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping (COOL WHIP)
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Cut 6 of the cookies crosswise in half with serrated knife; set aside.
- Finely crush remaining 19 cookies.
- Melt butter; mix with cookie crumbs until well blended.
- Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Microwave corn syrup in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until it starts to boil.
- Add chocolate; stir until completely melted.
- Blend in eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Insert cookie halves, cut sides down, around edge of filling, overlapping slightly, if necessary, to fit.
- Bake an additional 15 to 20 minute or until filling is set.
- Spread whipped topping over pie.
- Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
- Store leftover pie in refrigerator.