Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I have made this one for DH and kids, they say it is lushious and it does look wonderful!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup shortening, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted and cooled
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled
- Combine crumbs, shortening and sugar, press firmly on bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large mixer bow, beat cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, chocolate,eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 65 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This cheesecake is wonderful! Love the combo of chocolate and cherries. Will definitely be making it again. Thanks Dorothy!
Oh how wonderful. The only word I can think of to describe this is decadent. So very rich and creamy. The chocolate-cherry flavor combination is yummy with a captial YUM. This was easy enough that you don't have to be a gourmet chef to make it. Dorothy, this is a beauty of a cheesecake. Thanks so much ;)