Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delightful custard sauce poured over sun ripen berries. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- fresh raspberry
- fresh strawberries
- fresh blueberries
- in 2 qt saucepan cook cream over medium heat until just comes to a boil.
- remove from heat.
- meanwhile in medium bowl gradually whisk sugar and cornstrach into egg yolks. whisk until mixture is light and creamy.
- gradually whisk hot cream into beaten egg yolks. return mixture to same saucepan, stir in vanilla.
- cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until custard is thick enough to coat back of metal spoon (DO NOT boil because eggs will curdle).
- serve warm or cool over fresh berries.
This is a lovely smooth, sweet & creamy custard that does go so well with fresh berries. I had it over strawberries and blueberries. Yum!! Made for Aus/NZ swap December 2009