Luscious Berries With Custard Sauce
- in 2 qt saucepan cook cream over medium heat until just comes to a boil.
- remove from heat.
- meanwhile in medium bowl gradually whisk sugar and cornstrach into egg yolks. whisk until mixture is light and creamy.
- gradually whisk hot cream into beaten egg yolks. return mixture to same saucepan, stir in vanilla.
- cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until custard is thick enough to coat back of metal spoon (DO NOT boil because eggs will curdle).
- serve warm or cool over fresh berries.