Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 31 mins
Lusciously moist and tasty. You must try these! (Original contributor's note) --Adopted Recipe--
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Kellogg's Just Right cereal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 13x9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add applesauce and egg; blend well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves and nutmeg until well mixed.
- Stir in cereal.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Prepare glaze:.
- Melt butter over low heat and stir in brown sugar.
- Cook about 1 minute or until mixture bubbles, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar.
- While glaze is still hot, drizzle it over warm bars.
- Cool completely; cut into squares.
These were really good. I substituted the Just Right for a cheaper cereal and they turned out great. Just be careful with the measurements though, because they really are moist.
This turned out quite good. I did use 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat. I liked the recipe because it is low fat. I had the Just Right cereal and was looking for a way to use the rest of it up.