1/1 Photo of Luscious Apple Bread
1 hr 5 mins
Adapted from the "Best of the Best of Colorado." The original recipe called for burnt sugar flavoring or caramel flavoring for the topping, both of which I find very difficult to obtain. You may sub any flavor extract that you find appropriate, such as vanilla or any nut flavored extract.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apples, cored, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1Cream sugar, margarine, and butter flavoring until smooth and fluffy.
- 2Mix together buttermilk and baking soda, then add to the sugar mixture.
- 3Add the beaten eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- 4Stir in flour and salt, mixing just enough to combine (leave some lumps).
- 5Fold in apples and nuts.
- 6Pour into greased& floured loaf pan.
- 7Combine topping ingredients and drop blobs of topping over the top of the batter.
- 8Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick tests clean.
- 9Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Apple Bread
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.6
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 552.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
burnt sugar flavoring