Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hey, another great one from Hershey's! This is for their dark cocoa and coffee granules but I changed it to use Cuban coffee and changed the liquid quantities.
- 1⁄2 cup hershey's dark cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup cuban coffee or 1⁄2 cup instant coffee granules
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- whipped topping (optional)
- additional hershey's dark cocoa, for sprinkling (optional)
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in large saucepan until smooth.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Boil 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Add milk; cook to serving temperature.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir in extracts.
- Serve in cups or mugs.
- Garnish with whipped cream or whipped topping; sift cocoa over top.
- *If using with coffee granules add 1/2 cup of water more to recipe.
Wonderful. The almond and dark chocolate make this a rich and creamy smooth coffee treat. I opted to use instant coffee granules, and there was a slightly bitter aftertaste (which I know is attributed to the mediocre quality of instant coffee I used). So I would recommend others who try this recipe use the Cuban coffee as listed first, or at least use a high-quality brand if you opt to use instant coffee. Thank you sharing your recipe, Manami.