Recipe by papergoddess
Easy and quick. Good 1-dish meal for those busy nights.
Top Review by Bec
This was great! I seriously had more than half of the dish- the flavor was perfect for my taste buds! Plus, it was very eye pleasing with the colors- red and green and the fresh color of the noodles...Speaking of noodles, I used (4 cups worth when they weren't cooked yet) wide egg noodles and they worked perfectly. I also only used a pound of ground beef (I made two dishes, each using a pound...) I used a whole green pepper and chopped it up, didn't use the kidney beans, and did add a splash of soy sauce (I thought that I was putting the sauce into the other dish I was making!) So, although it looks like a changed a lot of things, I didn't notice that I may have until I was typing this! Well, I loved this so much--I am definately making this again! Thank you so much for sharing!! Bec (6/8/03)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I can my own and use a quart jar)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans (optional) or 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cooked macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is soft.
- Add green pepper and tomatoes, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer on low about 20 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni.
- Salt and pepper to taste.