Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and quick. Good 1-dish meal for those busy nights.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I can my own and use a quart jar)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans (optional) or 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cooked macaroni
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is soft.
- Add green pepper and tomatoes, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer on low about 20 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This was great! I seriously had more than half of the dish- the flavor was perfect for my taste buds! Plus, it was very eye pleasing with the colors- red and green and the fresh color of the noodles...Speaking of noodles, I used (4 cups worth when they weren't cooked yet) wide egg noodles and they worked perfectly. I also only used a pound of ground beef (I made two dishes, each using a pound...) I used a whole green pepper and chopped it up, didn't use the kidney beans, and did add a splash of soy sauce (I thought that I was putting the sauce into the other dish I was making!) So, although it looks like a changed a lot of things, I didn't notice that I may have until I was typing this! Well, I loved this so much--I am definately making this again! Thank you so much for sharing!! Bec (6/8/03)
I didn't use the corn or beans and used 1 (16 oz) can of diced tomato and 1 (16 oz) can of tomato sauce. It's got just a little heat, which can be adjusted easily. Also just used Parm. cheese on individual servings. This was great, because I have packages of 1-1/2 lbs of beef. Got "this is good" from my 11 yo. :)
good solid chili mac recipe. I didn't add onion peppers or beans. Instead I used one 14oz can of diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions. I added 6oz of tom sauce and 2oz of salsa. turned out GREAT! Even my picky husband ate it. Thanks for the easy recipe!