Recipe by Chocolatl
Lurka means "boy." Log means "people." So these are "boy people" cookies, although I'm sure girl people will enjoy them, too! Adapted from The Spice Cookbook, which credits the recipe to the wife of one of India's delegates to the U.N.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- sugar, for tops
- flaked coconut, for tops
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Combine cardamom, salt and butter.
- Gradually blend in sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 2" apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten tops by pressing with the bottom of a glass covered with a damp cloth.
- Sprinkle tops with sugar and coconut.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on sheets 1 minute, then remove to a rack.
- Store in an airtight container.