Lurka means "boy." Log means "people." So these are "boy people" cookies, although I'm sure girl people will enjoy them, too! Adapted from The Spice Cookbook, which credits the recipe to the wife of one of India's delegates to the U.N.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- 3Combine cardamom, salt and butter.
- 4Gradually blend in sugar.
- 5Beat in eggs.
- 6Gradually stir in flour mixture.
- 7Drop by rounded teaspoons 2" apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 8Flatten tops by pressing with the bottom of a glass covered with a damp cloth.
- 9Sprinkle tops with sugar and coconut.
- 10Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- 11Cool on sheets 1 minute, then remove to a rack.
- 12Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lurka Logs (Indian Cardamom Cookies)(1964)
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 72.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g