......mmmm, fresh picked tomatoes right out of the garden. Is there anything better? I served this salad with a big bowl of spaghetti and meatballs. Your favorite wine is also in order.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups French bread or 4 cups Italian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled,seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- 1Place bread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 2Toast in 300 degree oven until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.
- 3Stir cubes frequently for even browning.
- 4Remove and let cool.
- 5Gently toss cucumbers, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, basil, olives and garlic together in a large bowl.
- 6Sprinle vinegar over mixture.
- 7Next, drizzle olive oil over it.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and pepper toss gently to combine flavors.
- 9Let salad stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until bread softens slightly.
- 10Serve immediately on a bed of mixed greens.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lupe's Italian Bread and Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1115.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens