Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crab and avocado together in one dish? Hello?? I couldn't resist! This is a Bev Bennett recipe, found in the Chicago Sun-Times but, I think, originally printed in the Los Angeles Times Syndicate.
- 1 cup flaked crabmeat
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and halved (Haas are the best)
- Place crabmeat in a bowl; add capers, chives, egg, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix lightly but well.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Divide evenly and spoon into avocado halves.