1 hr 5 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
This is one of those old recipes that tastes like the school lunchroom tamale pie. I always ate in the lunchroom on the day they served this. It is also one of the recipes that I just do, so prep time is an estimate only.
My Private Note
9x13 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground chuck.
- 2Add onion, bell pepper, and cook until tender.
- 3Add chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, 1 teaspoons.
- 4salt and tomatoes.
- 5Simmer for 10 minutes and keep warm.
- 6Mix cornmeal with cold water.
- 7Add boiling water and cook about 10 minutes, or until thick.
- 8Add 1 teaspoons salt, stir well.
- 9Spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 10Use 2/3 of cornmeal mixture on bottom& sides of casserole dish.
- 11Pour meat mixture into casserole dish.
- 12Spread the remaining 1/3 of cornmeal mixture over meat mixture.
- 13Dot with margarine.
- 14Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lunchroom Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.3
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 897.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 19.1 g