Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe years ago from my great aunt who is a fabulous cook. It can be used as an appetizer or a light lunch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces chopped black olives
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
- Mix well and refrigerate.
- For appetizers, spread on party rye bread and broil until hot and bubbly. For lunch, spread on toasted English muffins and broil.
I had high hopes for these, but found them to be too salty in the end. I would make again, cutting the salt in half. I made sandwiches with the spread, toasting the bread first, then broiling them open faced, then adding the top piece of bread. Thanks MamaJ
I made this for my DD and her kids yesterday, 100% approval! I was out of onion so I put in a dash of onion powder instead. It still tasted wonderful but the green onion would have added color and texture. What little was left over I ate for my supper. I will definately made this again and so will DD, she copied the recipe!
This made a wonderful late night dinner! I used white extra sharp cheddar and broiled it on garlic and cheese sourdough bread. Next time I won't add the salt as it really didn't need it. I can't wait to serve these as an appetizer. Thanks MamaJ! made for PAC 07.