Recipe by CaramelPie
I like that the dressing on this salad has half sour cream in it. I really only use about half of the dressing, because I don't like lots of dressing in my chicken salad, just enough to bind it together.
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 4 slices cooked crumbled bacon
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, mushrooms, red peppers, pecan pieces, grapes, and bacon.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Serve in lettuce leaves or spinach-lined pita halves or on salad plates.