Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like that the dressing on this salad has half sour cream in it. I really only use about half of the dressing, because I don't like lots of dressing in my chicken salad, just enough to bind it together.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, mushrooms, red peppers, pecan pieces, grapes, and bacon.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Serve in lettuce leaves or spinach-lined pita halves or on salad plates.