Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We like chicken salad but not as a sandwich or with all the extra fruits or nuts that are sometimes added. Here is a basic easy but tasty chicken salad that would be wonderful for a luncheon or supper on a hot night. Submitted for RSC #10.
- 12 1⁄2 ounces canned chicken, I used Tyson's Premiere White and Dark Chunk Chicken
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- crouton, lightly crushed, I used sour dough
- Drain chicken and place in medium bowl. With a fork break up larger pieces and add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, red onion, celery, lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning salt, and ground pepper. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Wash and pat dry lettuce leaves with a paper towel. Add cherry tomato halves to chicken salad and mix lightly to combine. Lay two lettuce leaves on a plate and spoon on chicken salad, sprinkle lightly crushed croutons on top and serve immediately.
Excellent chicken salad. Loved the lemon flavor in this along with the hint of mustard. Could have cut back some on the mayo, but other than that perfect. Liked the presentation also. Good luck.
Oh, how very, very good this is! DH and I really love the onion in this. I didn't add the tomatoes, because they are not in season yet, and nothing ruins a good salad faster than a bad tomato. This will be a very welcome addition to our summer salad nights. Thanks for posting!