Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great chicken salad for sandwiches for luncheons, baby showers, parties, etc. I usually serve it on mini rolls as finger sandwiches, or just on a bed of lettuce. Serving amount is based on 2 finger sandwiches per person.
- 5 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 large tart apple, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 3 dozen wheat dinner rolls, split (optional)
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- Place chicken, onion, celery, cucumber, and apple in a large mixing bowl and toss together.
- Add in mayo, sour cream, salt, pepper, curry powder, cilantro and parsley and mix together well.
- Serve on split mini rolls or on beds of lettuce.