Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This yummy light salad features carrots, kohlrabi and eggs as its main ingredients. I think it is the perfect little lunch and hope youll enjoy it as well! :)
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 kohlrabi, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 75 g plain yogurt (I use low-fat)
- 90 g feta, diced (I use low-fat)
- Place carrots, kohlrabi and eggs in a small casserole, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let simmer for about 8 minutes or until veggies are done, but still firm. Drain.
- In a big bowl mix together kohlrabi, carrot, feta and spices. Add yoghurt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mash eggs with a fork (of course youve peeled them beforehand). Add to the salad. Mix well.
I too went for the raw version. My grocery store had just gotten kohlrabi in, so it was fresh and a great addition to this dish, I also added avocado and it went nicely. Wonderful dish.
Couldn't get kohlrabi so subbed cucumber and grated the carrot (to encourage the DM to eat though I put hers into a sandwich which she has enjoyed) and like others I did a raw mix and since I had 2 hard boiled eggs in the fridge it made it easy and quick to make. I ended up with about 3/4 of the mix and I was battling to get through it but the DM has asked if she can have what I left. Thank you Lalaloula, made for Went to Market.
This was a great lunch today Loula! I took French Tart's advice and I also did not cook mine and it was so perfectly yummy and crunchy! I also grated my carrots! I think next time I might toss in some avocado!!! Thanks for posting! Made for Potluck tag May 2010!