Lunchbox food for kids! This is a simple lunchbox "pizza" that can be made 100's of different ways for your child. *Measurements are an estimation so use more or less to suit your tastes.
- These are made just like any other quesadilla or grilled cheese sandwich.
- Spray the bottom of a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and preheat.
- When the pan is fairly hot place 1 Flour Tortilla in the pan.
- Fairly quickly (because you want to get everything on before the bottom starts to brown) spread on a few tablespoons of sauce.
- Then add a layer of Pepperoni (and anything else you like).
- Then top with shredded cheese.
- Top it off with the 2nd Flour Tortilla.
- Just like any other quesadilla or grilled cheese let it brown then flip it over. If all of the cooking spray was absorbed you can spray on a little more, but you usually don't need to.
- After both sides are browned and the insides are hot and melted take the "pizzas" out to cool.
- Once cooled slice in 1/4 like a pizza and wrap snugly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Tips and Ideas.
- My son is not super picky so I made these in batches and freeze and then take them out the morning of school and pop into his lunchbox. It is usually thawed and yummy by lunch time. If you freeze them you need to let the cool completely first the wrap them separately in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil to prevent ice crystals from forming.