Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A grown up way of doing a healthy sandwich ! The Tapenade (olive spread) is optional . Enjoy ---
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup store bought hummus
- 2 tablespoons store bought tapenade (olive spread)
- 1⁄4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 coarsely grated carrot
- Spread 1 slice whole wheat bread with half the mixture of hummus and tapenade (optional).
- Do the same on the second piece of bread.
- Top hummus and tapenade with the 1/4 cucumber thinly sliced and the 1 carrot coarsely grated.
- This recipe makes 1 sandwich.
Oh this was good and so healthy. I made them at first with the tapenade, but wasn't happy with the flavor of the tapenade. Just straight up carrots cucumbers and hummus was great.
Very flavorful! One of the few veggie sandwiches (without cheese melted on it) that I have truly loved! It seems like too much to put the hummus and tapenade on both pieces of bread but do it...it makes for a very moist and delicious sandwich! I made it a second time on pita and it wasn't quite as good.
I made this with and without the tapenade and think I could enjoy it either way. Nice combo of flavors and textures. Even my DH liked it and I will make it again.