Recipe by ellie_
These cookies are wonderful to add to a lunch box or to have after school. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 1987)
Top Review by Boomette
I omitted the peanuts. I may reduce the sugar next time as they are a bit too sweet for my taste. These cookies are so yummy with the oatmeal and the orange zest. Thanks ellie :) Made for PRMR tag game
- 631.69 ml oatmeal
- 354.88 ml flour
- 9.85 ml orange zest
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 147.89 ml butter or 147.89 ml margarine, room temperature
- 118.29 ml peanut butter (I prefer chunky)
- 158.51 ml brown sugar, packed
- 314.66 ml white sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 314.66 ml peanuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- Spead oats on baking sheet and toast in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until oats are golden brown, stirring occassinally. Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 350-degrees F.
- Combine flour, orange peel, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream butter and peanut butter until light.
- Add sugars (brown and white) and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue beating. Stir in vanilla.
- Fold in flour mixture.
- Fold in browned oatmeal and peanuts.
- Drop batter onto baking sheets by tablespoons, spacing 3-inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly with a fork making criss-cross lines on the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done (cookies will begin to brown around edges).
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to racks to finish cooling.