1/4 Photos of Lunchbox Cookies
These cookies are wonderful to add to a lunch box or to have after school. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 1987)
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 2/3 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter or 10 tablespoons margarine, room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I prefer chunky)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- 2Spead oats on baking sheet and toast in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until oats are golden brown, stirring occassinally. Set aside.
- 3Increase oven temperature to 350-degrees F.
- 4Combine flour, orange peel, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 5In a separate bowl cream butter and peanut butter until light.
- 6Add sugars (brown and white) and beat until light and fluffy.
- 7Add eggs one at a time and continue beating. Stir in vanilla.
- 8Fold in flour mixture.
- 9Fold in browned oatmeal and peanuts.
- 10Drop batter onto baking sheets by tablespoons, spacing 3-inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly with a fork making criss-cross lines on the cookies.
- 11Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done (cookies will begin to brown around edges).
- 12Cool in pans for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to racks to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lunchbox Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1676.1
- Calories from Fat 616
- Total Fat 68.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 225.7 mg
- Sodium 1724.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 242.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 141.3 g
- Protein 31.3 g