Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like to take a large serving of this in my lunchbox for a very filling and satisfying lunch. This also goes well as an accompanyment to grilled fish or burgers. Delicious!
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 dash lemon juice, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups Coleslaw, prepared cabbage and carrot
- 1 gala apples, cored and chopped
- 1 Anjou pear, cored and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- Mix together mayonaise, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Toss remaining ingredients in dressing and refrigerate until serving, up to 2 days.
This salad surprised me. First of all, I didn't think the amount of dressing was going to be enough. Wrong! It covered all the ingredients well, and didn't drown out the other ingredients of the salad. It was nice to have a crispy cole slaw for once. Thnx for posting your recipe, Chef. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.