When I have fingerling potatoes, or tiny red potatoes, I like to make this as a lunch side dish. Typically, I make this in the morning, let cool while I get ready for work, and pack just before stepping out the door. The key to making this fast is cutting the potatoes very small- no larger than bite sized pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the potatoes in bite sized pieces. (You can peel if you wish, I don't).
- 2Place in a saucepan, and cover with water.
- 3Bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender.
- 4Drain, then place back on the hot burner to evaporate any remaining moisture.
- 5Remove from heat, place in your lunch container, and sprinkle with pepper and cheese.
- 6Let cool to room temp before closing lid and packing in your lunchbox.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lunchbox Cheesy Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.2
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 86.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g