Recipe by SrtaMaestra
I put this in my daughter's school lunch a couple of times a week. She loves it. The fruit and cottage cheese are good for her, and the sprinkles make her feel like she's eating a dessert rather than a healthy dish rich in protein, calcium, and vitamin C! I like this as a snack, but with cinnamon and sliced almonds instead of the sprinkles. Also great with a little wheat germ. If making to eat right away instead of packing for a lunch, use fresh or thawed blueberries. Blueberries can be thawed in the microwave for a few seconds at a time.
Top Review by Studentchef
I had this for lunch yesterday and it was so good. What I did a little differently was I mixed the berries and the cottage cheese together, which made it so much better. I found the candy sprinkles cute too.
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon candy sprinkles (I use the elongated thin ones(confetti sprinkles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cottage cheese in a bowl, or lidded container if to be packed for lunch.
- Top with blueberries.
- Add sprinkles to the top. Measurement is approximate. I just throw enough on that my daughter can see the color. I don't want to ruin a healthy dish by putting too many sugary sprinkles on it!