Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Do you need a school lunch idea? Try this. It was in our local newspaper and it sounds good and would be fun for the kids to put together. They do it when it is time to eat. Include a chocolate chip cookie or other sweet and a piece of fruit. This will make it fun for them. Don't forget to include a small plastic knife for them to spread the hummus if they choose to spread it on the crackers. Also, include a love note to them.
Top Review by pixieglenn
I am going to give this a five because it was so easy and so much cheaper than buying those lunchables, but I didn't use hummus :( I know I should be ashamed...lol. This is a really great and healthy alternative to buying those prepackaged things. Also, depending on the age of your child, they can pack thier own lunch! I highly recommend it!
- 2 slices cheese (your choice)
- 2 slices deli turkey or 2 slices ham
- 1⁄4 cup hummus
- whole grain cracker
- precut vegetables (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use small cookie cutters to cut the cheese and deli meat to fit the crackers you are using.
- Place the cheese, deli meat, and crackers in three separate baggies.
- Put the hummus in a small container.
- Put the veggies in a small baggie of their own.
- Then they can assemble them at school as they wish; they can put the hummus on the crackers or dip the veggies in it or a little bit of both.