I absolutely loved School Lunch Peanut Butter Bars growing up. When I did a project for the Lunch Ladies in the School District where I live some years ago I literally begged them for the recipe. They were kind enough to supply me with the real deal.
- Cream first three ingredients together.
- Add the vanilla, eggs and peanut butter and combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Spread dough on a greased sheet cake pan, 18"x13".
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- While hot spread with 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter on top. (this is not listed above).
- Cool so that the peanut butter has become solid again then spread chocolate frosting on top and cut into bars. (also not listed above).