Recipe by Narshmellow
I absolutely loved School Lunch Peanut Butter Bars growing up. When I did a project for the Lunch Ladies in the School District where I live some years ago I literally begged them for the recipe. They were kind enough to supply me with the real deal.
Top Review by wbz1221
I love peanut butter bars! They are probably the most addicting thing in the world. For those that are looking for a frosting recipe-the best I've found (that matches the old school lunch bars) is the one on the back of the Hershey's cocoa can. I also add a couple drops of butter flavoring from the candy making aisle. It gets rid of that weird, missing something taste.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2 cups oatmeal, not quick
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream first three ingredients together.
- Add the vanilla, eggs and peanut butter and combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Spread dough on a greased sheet cake pan, 18"x13".
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- While hot spread with 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter on top. (this is not listed above).
- Cool so that the peanut butter has become solid again then spread chocolate frosting on top and cut into bars. (also not listed above).