Recipe by Vicki in CT
Awesome panini; can use skillet, GF grill, or panini press. From the cookbook, "Delizioso: Panini the Italian Way".
Top Review by Paris D
These are good, but you need to like blue cheese to like them. They need something extra, but I don't know what. The blue cheese overwhelms the flavor of the artichoke hearts, so there's not much but blue cheese flavor. I'm not sure what could cut through that, but I like blue cheese, so I'm fine with having a blue cheese sandwich!!!
- 8 slices Italian bread, cut about 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 cups escarole (can sub other greens)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush one side of all pieces of bread with 1/4 cup EVOO and vinegar. Salt and pepper.
- Place artichoke hearts on cutting board and flatten using broad side of a knife.
- Assemble sandwiches using artichoke hearts, gorgonzola, escarole.
- Brush the outside of sandwiches with remaining olive oil.
- Cook until done by preferred method.