My brother is in construction and needs an easy, high-protein, low mess lunch each day. I started making these for him in large batches and freezing them. He just takes one out of the freezer each morning and it's ready to eat by lunchtime!
- Combine 1 1/2 c flour, yeast, sugar, salt and basil.
- Beat eggs and oil together.
- Add egg mixture and hot milk to dry ingredients.
- Mix and then add remaining flour, turning out onto a board to knead when consistency allows.
- Return to bowl and set in warm place to rise (about 30 to 45 min).
- Punch down dough, divide into four balls.
- Roll each ball out into a 8" circle.
- Add filling to one half, fold over, pinch edges shut like a pie crust.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Filling Suggestions:.
- I use whatever is left in the fridge! Beans, stew, veggies, meat. Here are a few "recipes".
- Cooked chicken breast, chopped in small pieces, canned corn, barbecue sauce.
- Tuna salad, cheddar cheese.
- Canned beef stew (the nice, thick kind) cheddar cheese.
- Make up your own!