Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from The Lunch Box Restaurant courtesy of The Fort Worth Star Telegram. I did make this salad, and I all I can say is that it tastes as good as it looks. It probably is too "light" for the men, but it would make a lovely dish for a salad luncheon or potluck.
- 5 -6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 -5 lbs chicken breasts, poached and chilled (including bones)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, deveined and chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar mango chutney
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- Chop chutney in a food processor 15 to 20 seconds using on/off switch.
- Combine mayonnaise and curry powder in a bowl and blend well.
- Stir in chutney.
- Cover and chill.
- Cook broccoli in salted water until crisp tender (about 1 minute).
- Drain, and place in cold water to stop cooking process.
- Drain again and pat dry.
- Skin and debone chicken.
- Cut into bite-size chunks.
- Combine chicken, broccoli and red bell pepper and toss gently.
- Blend in dressing and mix gently again.
- Chill well and serve.
Very large salad, but very tasty. Definitely a repeat. Beth
>I have not made this dish, but it is in my files to try. Why bother trying an untested recipie?