Miss Annie's Note:
This is from The Lunch Box Restaurant courtesy of The Fort Worth Star Telegram. I did make this salad, and I all I can say is that it tastes as good as it looks. It probably is too "light" for the men, but it would make a lovely dish for a salad luncheon or potluck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 -5 lbs chicken breasts, poached and chilled (including bones)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, deveined and chopped
- 1Chop chutney in a food processor 15 to 20 seconds using on/off switch.
- 2Combine mayonnaise and curry powder in a bowl and blend well.
- 3Stir in chutney.
- 4Cover and chill.
- 5Cook broccoli in salted water until crisp tender (about 1 minute).
- 6Drain, and place in cold water to stop cooking process.
- 7Drain again and pat dry.
- 8Skin and debone chicken.
- 9Cut into bite-size chunks.
- 10Combine chicken, broccoli and red bell pepper and toss gently.
- 11Blend in dressing and mix gently again.
- 12Chill well and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lunch Box's Mango Curried Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1169.8
- Calories from Fat 649
- Total Fat 72.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 313.4 mg
- Sodium 939.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 98.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: