Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Freeze this in individual servings for a delicious lunch box treat.
Make and share this Lunch Box Taco Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cook bacon, until crisp, in a large saucpan.
- Add vegetables and cook until onion is soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and then freeze in single serve containers. Defrost overnight, then warm in microwave until heated through. Pour into thermos and pack in lunch.
- Send along small containers of cheddar and/or montery jack cheese, if desired, for garnish. This soup goes great with tortilla chips!
I made this for my first OAMC session and my daughter loved it. My son who hates most mexican dishes also loved it and said he'd eat it again. I sent it to work with my husband and he said it was good too. I don't particularly care for corn or mushrooms in anything but I thought it had an interesting flavor and wouldn't mind eating it again.
Very good soup. My son always asks for me to make it so he can take in his school lunch. Thanks for a great recipe!!
Excellent dinner...I froze it and reheated in the crock pot. the family loved it