Recipe by * Pamela *
Freeze this in individual servings for a delicious lunch box treat.
Top Review by kimemeki
I made this for my first OAMC session and my daughter loved it. My son who hates most mexican dishes also loved it and said he'd eat it again. I sent it to work with my husband and he said it was good too. I don't particularly care for corn or mushrooms in anything but I thought it had an interesting flavor and wouldn't mind eating it again.
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can kernel corn
- 2 cups taco sauce or 2 cups salsa
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon taco seasoning, I use Bulk Taco Seasoning Mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon, until crisp, in a large saucpan.
- Add vegetables and cook until onion is soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and then freeze in single serve containers. Defrost overnight, then warm in microwave until heated through. Pour into thermos and pack in lunch.
- Send along small containers of cheddar and/or montery jack cheese, if desired, for garnish. This soup goes great with tortilla chips!