Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Freeze this in individual servings for a delicious lunch box treat.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 150 g pepperoni slices, cut into 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes or 2 (14 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until onion is soft. add mushrooms, green pepper, and pepperoni and cooke for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and then freeze in single serve containers. Defrost overnight, then warm in microwave until heated through. Pour into thermos and pack in lunch.
- Send along small containers of mozzarella and/or parmesan cheese, if desired, for garnish.