Recipe by PrincessCalynn
These moist, filling muffins are a perfect addition to kids lunches. With oatmeal, banana zucchini they are nutritious and delicious!
Top Review by CassiaDawn
Very good! I used about 1 1/2 cups of zucchini, and 2 bananas. I also cut the butter down to 1/4 cup. Very moist and just the right amount of sweetness. I just used Pam in the muffin tray, and they released pretty well.
Next time I think I'll try replacing the banana with pumpkin!
Oh, I also got a yield of 12 large muffins out of this recipe.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (w/ or w/o skin)
- 3 -5 ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Smash bananas into zucchini to equal 2 1/2 cups, (there should be a few lumps of banana).
- Add Sugar and eggs.
- Mix in melted butter.
- In separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and mix until incorporated.
- Fill buttered and floured muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in 350 oven 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- Let rest for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cooling racks.