Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on a GI website, it was a post not from the publication, but from a reader who was so happy to be able to contribute a Low GI recipe she and the girls at work loved so much. I don't recall her name, but remember her enthusiasm. I personally didn't think this recipe was anything spectacular when I first made it, but find myself now making it often, just as the title reads, this is a lunch box apple bean salad.
- 1 (410 g) can dark red kidney beans
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small mild green chili, chopped
- 15 ml white wine vinegar
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (to taste) or 1 dash hot sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine first five ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining ingredients and stir into bean mixture.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving.