Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
We use this sauce on everything! This is my VSO's recipe which he learned from his mother.
- 15 -20 dried red chilies (Hatch, New Mexico chilies are the best)
- 4 cups water (or to desired consistancy)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- Break off stems of chilies taking care to either save or discard seeds depending on how spicy your like your sauce.
- Boil until soft and pliable.
- Put chilies in blender with water and flour. Blend until smooth.
- Run sauce through sieve.
- Put sauce, garlic salt, oregano and salad oil in skillet and simmer for 15 minutes. Add water to reach desired consistancy.