Recipe by TlLuna
This dish was a tradition in my boyfriend's home in Southwest New Mexico at Thanksgiving. We love it so much we have it a an entree any time during the year. We make our sauce from scratch (I highly recommend the recipe published by doninsd as that is how we make our sauce) but canned enchilada sauce will work. For a real treat try a fried egg cooked over medium on top!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I did cut this recipe in half for the 2 of us, & enjoyed the ease of preparation, as well as the tasty dish it made! Simplicity, for sure, & delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 lb boneless pork chop
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (6 ounce) package pork stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim all the fat from the pork and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Spray large skillet with vegetable spray and brown pork.
- Add enchilada sauce and set to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare stuffing per package instructions omitting margarine. You may need to add more water depending on the consistancy you like. I usually make it with butter or margarine per the instructions, but this is my lower fat version.
- Serve stuffing with red chile and pork over the top.