Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
This is an all time favourite of my Canadian family. This recipe uses about 1 package of spring roll wrapper which can be found in most western and Chinese groceries.
- 1⁄4 kg ground pork
- 1⁄8 kg shrimp, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup of finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup of finely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped white onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients for lumpia (spring roll) filling.
- Wrap in lumpia wrapper in long thin shape (approx 1 table spoon per sheet of wrapper).
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Cut into shorter lengths before serving.
- Prepare Sweet and Sour Sauce:.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, whisk until sugar and corn starch are dissolved, boil over high heat and reduce to preferred thickness.
- Serve with lumpia.