Recipe by George Clement
This is authentic Filipino Lumpia. My wife is Filipino and makes such delicious Lumpia. It is much simpler than the other Lumpia recipes on this site but nevertheless very delicious.
- 1 lb ground pork (very lean)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 lumpia skins (substitute egg roll wrappers if you can't get lumpia skins)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients,.
- Put one tablespoons of the mixture in the center of each Lumpia skin and roll into a cigar shape. Using your finger, wet the edge of the wrapper just slightly to hold it together.
- Using a wok or deep skillet, fry in the oil until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce for a dip. See my Recipe #149516.