Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The Frugal Gourmet On Our Immigrant Ancestors – Jeff Smith Copyright 1990
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Put the sugar, soy sauce, chicken stock, and fish sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Cook a for a few minutes then remove from heat.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture, using a whisk. Stir until smooth and then add the garlic.
- Return to heat and cook for a few more minutes. Cool before serving with lumpia.