My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb ground pork or 3/4 lb beef
- 5 ounces raw shrimp, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained,finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained,finely chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, fine chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, fine chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 (1 lb) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- corn oil
- 1Doilies: Combine flour, water and salt to taste and mix thoroughly with a wire whisk to remove lumps.
- 2Batter should be about the consistency of a crepe batter.
- 3Add a little water if it is too thick.
- 4If the batter thickens as it sits, you may have to add more water.
- 5Heat a 6" crepe pan and wipe out with lightly oiled wax paper.
- 6Pour on batter quickly to cover the bottom.
- 7Pour off excess.
- 8Allow to cook over low heat until the edges begin to curl and pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 9Remove and place on clean, dry surface.
- 10Repeat, oiling pan each time.
- 11Do not stack doilies on top of each other until each has cooled.
- 12Before filling, put off excess batter to make a perfect circle.
- 13Filling: Cook pork or beef in a large skillet until pinkness is gone.
- 14Drain off grease.
- 15Add shrimp, onions, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, celery, garlic and carrot; cook until carrot is almost tender.
- 16Stir in remaining ingredients except the egg white and oil.
- 17Mix well.
- 18Cook until bean sprouts are limp.
- 19Pour mixture into strainer and cool, allowing as much liquid as possible to drain off before filling rolls.
- 20Use about 1 heaping teaspoon for each doily.
- 21Place filling near one side.
- 22Roll doily over filling a couple of times; fold in sides and roll up tightly.
- 23Seal flap with a little egg white.
- 24Deep fry in corn oil heated to about 375F degrees, until rolls are golden.
- 25Drain thoroughly on paper towels and serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lumpia (philippine Egg Rolls from Scratch)
Serving Size: 1 (3859 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.6
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 99.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: