Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
There are many combination's of Lumpia fillings and after trying many I came up with this, reminds me of how they tasted when I was in the Philippians. I prefer the authentic Lumpia wrapper (spring roll wrapper) as they are very thin and fry up nice and crisp. Opposed to the egg roll and wanton wrappers.
Top Review by CJAY
Very good indeed! I used the new individual layered lumpia wrappers and it was a breeze to make. We liked everything about these lumpia...great taste, good looking and easy to make. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
- 566.99 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml minced scallion
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml ground pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml ground ginger or 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 egg (optional)
- 4.92 ml adobo seasoning (optional)
- 2.46 ml Accent seasoning (optional)
- spring roll wrappers (2 25 count packages)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat, vegetables, sauces and spices in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour for flavors to set.
- Prepare wrapper as per package instructions and place on a work surface (should look like a diamond). Place 1 tablespoon of filling at the lower one third of the wrapper shape into a small strip about 3 inches long.
- Fold bottom edge up, and then fold right side over followed by left side, then roll to complete. Seal end flap with water. (See note.) Finished Lumpia roll should be about 4 inches long.
- After you have assembled all the Lumpia, heat your oil (I use deep fryer) to 375 degrees. Cook until golden brown, don't over crowed, turning often, approximately 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Place remaining uncooked Lumpia in a freezer bag and freeze. I will heat my fryer and place these right in frozen, a few at a time and they come out great.
- For a dipping sauce I use Mae Ploy* sweet chili sauce or a good sweet and sour sauce.
- * Purchased at local Asian or Filipino store.
- Note: the wrapper packages usually have instructions for rolling the wrap.