1/4 Photos of Lumpia (Filipino Egg Roll)
Color Guard Mom's Note:
Many years ago, when we lived in San Diego the first time, a friend of ours from the Philippines gave me her recipe for lumpia. When Evelyn made it, it would melt in your mouth. I've yet to master that experience with my lumpia, but it's coming along. This is the best recipe by far - and the only ones my family will eat. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 count) package lumpia skins (or egg roll wrappers)
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 cup green onion, minced
- 1 cup carrot, minced
- 1 cup celery, minced (same as above)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Seal wrappers with with following mixture
- 1Brown beef and pork, until almost completely cooked. Drain fat. Cool and process in food processor or chop up into fine pieces (like Taco Bell taco meat or a little coarser) with fork.
- 2Combine meats, vegetables, egg, sauces, pepper in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour for flavors to set inches I like to prepare my filling the day before so it can marinate all night.
- 3Prepare wrapper (by separating) and place on a separate plate. Place 1 to 2 T of filling in the center of the wrapper.
- 4Fold left edge over all the way, then bring down top and bottom, then roll the rest of the way to the right, making a roll. hard to explain without a picture, but you'll figure it out -- looks like an egg roll when done, only thinner and longer. Seal with with flour and water mixture.
- 5After you have assembled all the lumpia, heat your oil (I use the deep fryer) to 375 degrees. Cook until golden brown, turning often, approximately 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- 6Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- 7Note: the wrapper packages usually have instructions for rolling the wrap. Times vary by experience and methods used.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lumpia (Filipino Egg Roll)
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.7
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 455.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: