Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
This is a base recipe for your gravy! Followed this will give you LUMP FREE and perfect gravy every time! You choose what type based on the broth used! Feel free to experiment! You will have the best results if you add herbs that compliment and or match your entree. Of course if you use homemade broth or stock it will be even better!
- 14 ounces turkey broth or 14 ounces chicken broth or 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Beefy Add Ins
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- steak sauce (optional)
- red wine (optional)
Poultry Add Ins
- poultry seasoning (optional)
- celery seed (optional)
- sage (optional)
- white wine (optional)
Beef or Poultry Add Ins
- herbs (optional)
- mushroom, sauteed (optional)
- onion, sauteed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring canned broth to a low boil in a saucepan.
- Put cornstarch in a DRY container with a tight fitting lid. Add COLD water and shake until completely dissolved.
- Whisk into hot broth and cook just until the gravy is the desired consistency.
- Now you have a smooth base and can add herbs, a splash of wine, some worcestershire or whatever you may wish to add or just serve as is. I always dress it up with something even if it is just a little poultry seasoning for a poultry broth or some worcestershire for beef gravy.